LibreOffice crash

Piet van Oostrum piet at vanoostrum.org
Sat Mar 28 13:52:36 PDT 2015

Piet van Oostrum wrote:

 > I am currently experimenting with programming LibreOffice through Python/UNO.
 > One thing I tried is to create a document, not with the
 > loadComponentFromURL call from the desktop, but the route via the
 > XLoadable interface,

[snip]

 > Now when I do this with a Writer document:
 >
 > textdoc = smgr.createInstanceWithContext("com.sun.star.text.TextDocument", context)
 >
 > LibreOffice crashes with a segmentation fault.

I just came across this piece of prose:

  A few old-style services need special treatment. For example, you
  cannot ask the service manager to create an instance of a
  com.sun.star.text.TextDocument. You must load it using the method
  loadComponentFromUrl() at the desktop's
  com.sun.star.frame.XComponentLoader interface.

https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/ProUNO/Understanding_the_API_Reference

I guess that explains it. Although I think crashing is a bit harsh :)
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at vanoostrum.org>
WWW: http://pietvanoostrum.com/