How many degrees of headlessness do we need?

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Mon Mar 30 12:54:04 PDT 2015

OK, so after trying out the --invisible switch, I don't think it is that
super-useful after all, if all it does is make the soffice process wait
invisibly for the first UNO client to connect, but has no effect after that.

When the first client tells LO to open a document, it opens (visibly). That
is as expected. But if I then close the document, the start centre shows
up. I would have expected the soffice process to go back to the "invisible"
state, with no windows showing, when it has no documents open.

--tml