Bug847950 Menu, DropDown-List doesn’t disappear with right mouse click

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Mar 31 00:37:20 PDT 2015

On Mon, 2015-03-30 at 10:42 +0000, Juergen Funk Mailinglist wrote:
> Hi Caolán McNamara,
>
> what is the reason for revert this fix, in fdo#847950
>
> My implementation was the same as in windows?

Run e.g. impress, right click to get a "new slide" in the slide pane,
select the first one, right click in the main pane and right click over
the second slide in the slide pane. What should happen is that the
second right click just "dismisses" the menu, what was happening was
that the menu was dismissed and the second slide was selected.

IIRC another example is right click during the slideshow and get the
context menu for switching to draw mode, click outside the menu to
dismiss it and slide advances to the next slide because the click is
sent through to the slideshow.

It seemed easier to just set the "all-mouse-button-close" bit on both
menus and listboxes and remove the mysterious "path-mouse-cancal-click"
bit.

C.