LibreOffice Build Error

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Sat May 2 07:05:02 PDT 2015

> I had some ICU problems but when i installed these ports all ICU’s
> problems (except error in my last email) are solved.

"ports"? As in "MacPorts"? That is exactly what you should not be doing.
Both when building LibreOffice for OS X (on OS X), and when building for
Android on OS X, you should stay away from any 3rd-party "helpful" ports of
various libraries etc. We say that very clearly in our instructions for how
to build LibreOffice.

The intent is that one should be able to build LibraOffice for OS X using
an extremely minimal set of 3rd-party dependencies. Using various 3rd-party
builds of libraries etc will very likely break the build, and the very
least makes it impossible to help you. The same goes for building for
Android on OS X. In addition to what is needed to build for OS X itself,
just the Android NDK and SDK should be necessary.

(But, as I said, building for Android on OS X is known to be broken at the
moment. And no, trying to "fix" it by using MacPorts is not the right way.
We hopefully won't accept any patches going down that path.)

--tml