Extension: Keyboard shortcut for menu item

Jan Rheinländer jrheinlaender at gmx.de
Tue May 5 12:17:38 PDT 2015

Ok I understand the reason.

I'm currently testing a BASIC macro (which I can assign a keyboard
shortcut through the UI) which sends a URL to my
XDispatch::queryDispatch() method. That seems to be a possible workaround.

P.S. How do I answer to a thread if I only get the digest version of the
mailing list?

------------ Original thread ----------
> in my extension I have an .xcu file (beginning of file see below). How
> can I assign a keyboard shortcut to a menu item (e.g. node
> "010:edit:change")? The schema only offers to put an icon in the
> beginning of the menu line. But many LO menus have a shortcut defined at
> the end of the menu line, e.g. F1 for help.
You can't, IIUC.  (I guess the main reason being that with leaving the
feature out entirely you avoid having to worry about how to arbitrate in
case of contention over key bindings among different extensions, or
between an extension and the LO core.)