Renaming in sw/

Jan Holesovsky kendy at collabora.com
Thu May 7 01:46:51 PDT 2015

Hi,

I mentioned at the ESC that I'd like to do some larger renaming in sw/,
and got an action item to send the list first; so here it is.

I did not mean to change namespace (eg. do not want to change SwFrm to
sw::Frame) as that would make it harder to grep (and could potentially
cause larger problems), but mostly meant to insert vowels into the names
to make the reading easier [and writing too, actually - try to type
Cntnt :-)].

I mention only the class names in the examples, but I'd like to do it
wholesale - so even in the variable or function names:

Frm -> Frame (to handle things like SwFrm, SwCellFrm, SwRowFrm,
SwColumnFrm, ..., SwFrmFmt, FrmMap, SwFlyFrm, etc.)

Fmt -> Format (to handle those SwFrmFmt, SvxSwAutoFmtFlags,
SwTxtCharFmt, SwFmtFillOrder, SwFmtFrmSize, SwFmtCntnt, ...)

Cntnt -> Content (to handle SwCntntNode, SwCntntFrm, SwCntntNode, etc.)

Txt -> Text (to handle SwTxtNode, SwTxtFrm, SwTxtAttr, SwTxtFld,
SwNoTxtNode, etc.)

Fld -> Field (to handle SwFldTypes, SwDocUpdtFld, SwTxtFld, SwFmtFld,
etc.)

Ftn -> Footnote (to handle SwFtnContFrm, SwFtnFrm, SwFtnPortion,
SwFtnContFrm, etc.)

Updt -> Update (SwDocUpdtFld, TableFmlUpdtFlags, SwDocUpdtFld,

Fml -> Formula (SwTableFmlUpdate, TableFmlUpdtFlags)

Hnt -> Hint (mostly in variable names)

That's it for now - comments appreciated!

I deliberately leave out eg. Cnt (usually Count, but could be Content by
mistake), or PaM (as PointAndMark would be too long - but I think it
would deserve some better name too).

Thank you,
Kendy