Build dependency on external cppunit

Richard Cochran richardcochran at gmail.com
Fri May 8 06:31:39 PDT 2015

On Fri, May 08, 2015 at 02:48:53PM +0200, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> On Fri, May 08, 2015 at 02:12:45PM +0200, Richard Cochran <richardcochran at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can't I just force cppunit to build manually beforehand?
>
> make cppunit.all

Tried that already, too.  Here is what I got:

PARALLELISM=1 make cppunit.all GMAKE_OPTIONS='VERBOSE=1'

make[1]: Entering directory '/mnt/storage/git/libreoffice'
mkdir -p /mnt/storage/git/libreoffice/workdir/Dep/CxxObject/UnoControls/source/base/
mkdir -p /mnt/storage/git/libreoffice/workdir/Dep/CxxObject/UnoControls/source/controls/
[build MOD] cppunit
S=/mnt/storage/git/libreoffice && I=$S/instdir && W=$S/workdir &&  mkdir -p $W/Module/ && touch $W/Module/cppunit
make[1]: Leaving directory '/mnt/storage/git/libreoffice'

The 'touch' is the only result!

I should probably add that I am trying to cross compile LO (I know, I
know, don't ask why), and it is clear that building cross is not fully
implemented, but in this case I think it should still work.

> Should do that, though you just hide the root cause with that. :-)

Yep.  Unfortunately I am having a hard time understanding how this
build system is supposed to work, otherwise I would fix it and send a
patch!

Thanks,
Richard