user profile for master / LO 5.0

Jean-Baptiste Faure jbfaure at libreoffice.org
Tue May 12 06:51:38 PDT 2015

Le 12/05/2015 15:18, Stephan Bergmann a écrit :
> On 05/12/2015 03:12 PM, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
>> Is it intentional if LO 5.0.0.0.alpha1+ still use .../libreoffice/4 as
>> user profile directory ?
>
> Yes.  (We discussed it in the ESC and decided to avoid as much technical
> trouble as possible by not needing any migration etc., even at the
> expense of some potential user confusion.)

Ok.

>> The problem is that you can't use a LO 4.x profile for LO 4 again once
>> it has been used by LO 5.
>
> What is the exact problem?  That would not be intentional.

LO 4 refused to start. Seems to have been a temporary bug because I just
tried again and it seems to work without problem. I will do more tests
this evening.

Best regards.
JBF

Disclaimer: my Internet Provider being located in France, each of our
exchanges over Internet will be scanned by French spying services.