starmath, ObjectReplacements, export, word2003

Yury yury.tarasievich at gmail.com
Wed May 20 03:31:31 PDT 2015

Thank you for answering! Now,

Caolán McNamara <caolanm <at> redhat.com> writes:

> Sometimes no one "just knows" off the top of their head where the
> various bits and pieces so someone has to invest time to have enough
> information to assist. It can help to pare down text to the absolute
> bare minimum to describe the problem.

All right. But surely there is someone sort of in charge of the code in
question? Or is there?

> We're typically taking code submissions via gerrit
> (https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/gerrit)

Okay.

> > 2.1) Immediately on open in word2003, the bitmap 'sits' too high in the text
> > paragraph line in which its frame is placed.
> > one would need to know where the processing of starmath metafile used
> > in formula/equation conversion is located in source. What file, what
> > subroutine?
>
> You can start in sw/source/filter/ww8/wrtww8gr.cxx
> SwWW8WrGrf::WriteGraphicNode, see case sw::Frame::eOle and
> GetGraphicFromObject and the code around there.

Thanks very much. Looks much closer to what I've been talking about, and I
guess it's the best direction I'll get.

If I want to know the call sequences around, I absolutely must use gdb?
There is no secret documentation around or anything?

-Yury