PostUserEvent clang check ? ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Mon May 25 11:40:37 PDT 2015

Hi Noel,

	The old 'LINK' code is creating a bit of grief around VclPtr - since
un-typed pointers are shoved through there; I've extended that and am
auditing through the ~300 hits of PostUserEvent - but it'd be great to
make sure I got it right ;-) and that there are no regressions.

	The punch-line is that if there is a 'PostUserEvent' method - it should
be passed a LINK(<ptr>, ...)

	If that ptr is non-NULL and to a VclPtr type - we need to pass a final
'true' parameter to the method to ensure that we hold a reference while
we wait for the idle / user-event to be emitted to avoid problems.

	Is it easy / possible to add a check for that ? it'd be wonderful to
have one if so =)

	ATB,

		Michael.

--