minutes of ESC call ...

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Fri May 29 02:12:56 PDT 2015

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 3:15 AM, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 05/29/2015 05:39 AM, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
>>
>> you mean beside the fact that make check fails on Windows _and_ Mac ?
>

> If it routinely fails for you in a specific setup, then please spend effort
> on either solving it yourself or getting somebody else to solve it.
I do not have a 'specific setup' but 6 or 7, across 11 slave boxes,
and 2 release boxes.
I just can't play wake-a-mole with all of them.
I want to put as much test coverage as I can in gerrit-build and
jenkins-tb.. but reliability of the tests is paramount here.
ci that 'routinely' heisen-fails is worse than no ci at all.

> Unfortunately, some of the tests sporadically fail, independent of platform.
> It is hard to remove all the non-deterministic races from the code base.

Bjoern mentioned a link recently that is right on the money here:

http://blog.fogcreek.com/the-abuse-and-misuse-of-test-automation-interview-with-alan-page/

Norbert