Chart XShape tests

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Fri May 29 02:56:56 PDT 2015

Hey,

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 11:33 AM, Andras Timar <timar74 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I added a new unit test recently which checks Marco Cecchetti's work
> on pie chart label layout in case of inside placement, best fit case.
>

> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=312cab50e057a85cbfd773e928eda3aadd69060c

Thanks. Even if it happen nearly a month late.

> These Chart XShape dump tests do not run by default, they have to be
> enabled by the --enable-chart-tests switch. On the other hand, the
> same type of XShape dump tests are enabled by default for Impress. Is
> there a special reason for this?

The chart layouting is not stable across different machines. There is a
font issue but also a compiler issue.

I was only able to use the tests with Suse based 64bit gcc builds (my local
machines and gandalf). If you enable it you'll see differences up to 15% in
the position and size of objects. Impress works differently and positions
explicitly which results in the same values across all systems.

Regards,
Markus