[GSoC] Improve user experience with CMIS – Weekly report #1

Szymon Kłos eszkadev at gmail.com
Fri May 29 10:02:06 PDT 2015

The first week Google Summer of Code passed, so I will present what i
managed to do during this time.

* I added the "Open Remote File" button to the Start Center.
* Created .ui file and wrote new class for this window (I called it
RemoteFilesDialog), which I
placed in svtools module. To define if is used 'open' or 'save' mode
I used WinBits and previously defined WB_OPEN and WB_SAVEAS flags, which
are used in standard fpicker dialog.
* Now, my dialog contains only „services listbox” and „add service”
split button.
* Actually existing (bookmarked) places are filtered and only remote
services are pushed into listbox.
* I added options of editing and deleting services, which are accessible
from the dropdown menu of the „Add service” button. Bookmarks are saved
only when one of it was modified or deleted.
* I also started to reworking of the old dialog used to creating
connections: I moved all CMIS service subtypes to the main service type
listbox.

To do next:
* Now I don't recognize CMIS subtypes, and when I'm editing one of it,
the type listbox is filled with the wrong service name.
* Reorder service types. Should be sorted in groups: apps (Google Drive,
OneDrive, ...) – connections (alfresco, Share Point, ...) - protocols
(FTP, WebDAV, SSH, ...)
* Show and hide controls depending on a service type.
* Add to the dialog rest of controls which will be used in future

Regards,
Szymon