TheServiceDocumenter: extension to core ...

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Nov 5 00:51:30 PST 2015

On 11/05/2015 01:26 AM, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> I finally managed to finished TheServiceDocumenter thing presented with:
>
>   http://people.canonical.com/~bjoern/presentations/extension2core.odp
>   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBNG6bVZPzw
>
> If you build master with --enable-compiler-plugins on clang 3.7.0 or later[1]
> it should create a set of html stubs in $(WORKDIR)/ServiceImplementions. These
> have the names of UNO implementations and just do an immediate meta refresh to
> the matching C++ core documentation on http://docs.libreoffice.org.

In
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=1a6044dd8a69876b6eb6d20d24b2ac12be01fc5d>
"Do not implicitly run this for now; it breaks the build" I made that
specific plugin opt-in, you need to explicitly "make
COMPILER_PLUGIN_TOOL=getimplementationname" to enable it (see
compilerplugins/README).

I did that for two reasons:  For one, the plugin apparently does not
work properly yet, see
<http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=MASTER&brief-log=1446693601.27012#9004>
for an example of a broken tinderbox build.  For another, I understand
that the generated data needs to be processed further (uploaded
somewhere), so it is probably faster and more convenient to only do this
when explicitly requested, and not routinely on every build (for people
routinely building with Clang plugins enabled).