Bugzilla: Adding new Status for 'abandoned' bugs?
bishop.robinson at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 07:04:48 PST 2015
As mentioned in the ESC call, it could be helpful to add a new
Bugzilla Status that encompasses bugs that have been abandoned/don't
have enough data.
=> What type of bugs would this cover?
* User isn't willing to share private document with anyone, and we
* Bug sits in NEEDINFO status for 6+ months
* (other situations?)
* We currently mark abandoned bugs as RESOLVED WORKSFORME, or RESOLVED
INVALID, but an additional Status value could help us be more precise
in indicating why a bug has been set aside.
* An additional Status would allow us to be more diplomatic with tough
users, and avoid the potential negatives of "INVALID" or "WORKS FOR
ME" on such bugs
A couple of names for this status have been offered, however new
suggestions are certainly welcome. Here are a few suggestions or
status values that are currently in use on other bug trackers:
* INSUFFICIENT DATA (RedHat)
* EXPIRED (Launchpad)
Thoughts on adding a new Status?
Suggestions for what name we might use?
Please share your thoughts!
QA Engineer - The Document Foundation
LibreOffice Community Outreach Herald
qubit at libreoffice.org
802-379-9482 | IRC: colonelqubit on Freenode
More information about the LibreOffice