[Libreoffice-qa] Bugzilla: Adding new Status for 'abandoned' bugs?

Tommy barta at quipo.it
Mon Nov 9 14:11:59 PST 2015

Joel Madero wrote:

>> I think we should keep labeling those as INVALID
>>
>> IMHO the time spent to implement this new
>> ABANDONED/EXPIRED/WHATEVERstate will be almost useless...
>>
>> in both cases the fault of the bug closure is the reporting user
>> so I really do not care at all being diplomatic with people who don't
>> provide necessary informations.
>
> To put this in context - this began after several users over the course
> of a few weeks got quite irate at the WFM/Invalid status.

I don't understand why those people should feel irate or offended if the
INVALID state is due to their deficiency to provide a valide testcase or
answers to legitimate QA questions...

most of the time you got an INVALID tag after 7 months of inactivity...
so, again, no reason to blame QA if you can't answer questions after 7
months

> I tend to agree that INVALID is accurate but if ABANDONED and/or EXPIRED will make
> them feel better, that's fine.

anyway, whatever you decide is ok for me.
but I think we are paying too much attention to users who are not giving
a valualble contribution to Bugzilla and LibO in general

I really don't care much about feelings of bad bug submitters.
probably most of them would deserve a PEBKAC status :-)

> This will mostly be used by the automatic
> pings and most QA people probably won't have to do much to maintain this
> new status.
>

> Best,
> Joel

bye, Tommy