System POPPLER_VERSION redefined, won't build

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Nov 10 04:28:58 PST 2015

On 09.11.2015 04:39, ariel cornejo wrote:
> (cont'd)
>
> Apparently POPPLER_VERSION depends on HAVE_POPPLER_VERSION_H, which in
> turn is set in the configure script:
>
> $as_echo "#define HAVE_POPPLER_VERSION_H 1" >>confdefs.h

it is definitely a bug somewhere if HAVE_POPPLER_VERSION_H isn't set for
a current version of poppler.

e.g. on Fedora 22 i have /usr/include/poppler/cpp/poppler-version.h and
HAVE_POPPLER_VERSION_H set.

maybe look at config.log where it checks for poppler-version.h what the
error is.

> But in the past I've just had to run autogen.sh before make. What's
> more, configure ignores the options I set in autogen.lastrun. Just to
> see what would happen, I created core/confdefs.h with the single
> required line, to no avail; it might not even be the right path.

you need to use autogen.input, not autogen.lastrun.