Killing obsolete Jenkins builds

Ashod Nakashian ashnakash at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 04:53:39 PST 2015

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 5:53 AM, Samuel Mehrbrodt <Samuel.Mehrbrodt at cib.de>
wrote:

> Maybe this plugin would help, also for the problems Ashod mentioned:
> https://github.com/banyan/jenkins-ci-skip-plugin
>
> It allows to skip Jenkins build by adding [ci skip] to the commit message.

This is useful in general, but not for my case.

Example of my case is: You push a patch, and within 10 minutes you see Mac
failed. The fix is trivial. Linux and Windows builds have still some ways
to go (and will probably succeed). 6 builds are running in parallel, so
it's going to be another 90 mins or so. You push the fix but you have to
wait even longer for the results.

This is the waste I'm talking about. There is no reason to let the Windows
and Linux builds continue building once an update is pushed. I suspect this
is a common enough a case that is worth doing something about (especially
if it's not too much work).

And I expect (read: hope) that simply cancelling ongoing builds for a given
gerrit ID should relatively easy. So is there any reason not to do it?