gerrit draft patch submission with SAL_DEBUG lines

Winfried Donkers W.Donkers at dci-electronics.nl
Fri Nov 20 00:17:02 PST 2015

Hi,

Is it possible to submit a draft patch (./logerrit submit-draft) to gerrit with one or more SAL_DEBUG lines still present in the code?
When I try 'git commit -a' prior to submitting to gerrit the SAL_DEBUG lines make git cancel the commit.

(Currently I am working on an addition for Calc, which is not yet complete, that I would like to submit as a draft for provisional review. As the SAL_DEBUG line provide trace that inform about the internal calculations and statistical information, I don't want to remove them. Simply commenting out is not enough for git.)

Winfried