Killing obsolete Jenkins builds

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 14:56:36 PST 2015

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 1:23 AM, David Ostrovsky <d.ostrovsky at gmx.de> wrote:
> Unfortunately, it cannot be done, because our infra team doesn't have
> free resources to set up new VM and install Gerrit and Jenkins on them.
> Last time i asked why they don't have resources and the answer was: this
> project is not OpenStack that is spending substantial resources for
> their infrastructure.

This is an outright lies, and I have the irc log to prove it.

> No wonder that my request to set up staging Gerrit
> instance is pending for years now: [2].

We used to have a gerrit test instance... you were even admin for it.
you never did anything with it, so much so that it lapsed silently
when we migrated the infrastructure last.

> So I wouldn't expect that
> staging Jenkins instance would be available in 5-10 years (if at all),

you never expressed any desire to maintain a 'test' instance of
jenkins.. but then again a test instance of jenkins will not do you
any good without a battery of slave bot to run something with it (and
no, runnning a linux only container is not going to cut it)

I'm starting to get very pissed at your passive-agressive
monday-morning quaterbacking, and your repeated libel.

You want to admin gerrit and jenkins.. be my guest.
but the work is not only to toy around with installing new toys and
activating experimental feature.. it is first and foremost to keep it
in running condition, and with jenkins is is hard enough as it is,
without activating stuff know not to work.

and no this is not about 'budget'.. this is about work....  so put-up
or shut-up.

Norbert