building cppunit on open suse linux 64 bit

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Nov 26 08:17:00 PST 2015

On 26.11.2015 15:00, ginu samuel wrote:
> Hello,
>     We have a project requirement to have parallel builds output for
> cppunit 32 bit and 64 bit.
>
> Although the lib files are created in separate directories lib and
> lib64, the .o files are not kept separately.
>        After doing the build for 32 bit, 'clean' has to be done before
> building for 64 bit.

since cppunit is using GNU autotools, this should already work (if you
know how).

for every build configuration, create a separate directory next to the
source directory, cd into the build directory and then invoke configure
via the path to the source directory. then no build files will be
generated in the source directory, so no conflict.

mkdir build_32 && cd build_32 && ../cppunit-x.y.z/configure --with-foo
--enable-bar && make