Should we make it harder to assign a bug to yourself?

Thorsten Behrens thb at documentfoundation.org
Sun Oct 4 13:33:45 PDT 2015

Andrzej Hunt wrote:
> On 04/10/15 09:36, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> > Should we make it harder to assign a bug to yourself?
>
> FWIW Mozilla already block bug assignment privileges for new accounts - it
> doesn't seem like this has caused them any huge problems, so I think copying
> their approach would probably be a good idea.

Hi guys,

I don't know, looks more like a social problem to me - and I think we
were faring rather well in the past with being permissive and keeping
red tape low (and checking things afterwards).

So perhaps we might want to include the below query to the ESC stats
stack, and try keeping the oldest entry newer than, say, 3-6 months:

https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?email1=libreoffice-bugs%40lists.freedesktop.org&emailassigned_to1=1&emailtype1=notsubstring&list_id=561999&order=changeddate%2Cpriority%2Cbug_severity&query_based_on=&query_format=advanced&resolution=---&status_whiteboard=easyhack&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr

That also gives the opportunity to interact.

My 2 cents,

-- Thorsten