config listener API ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Wed Oct 7 10:22:16 PDT 2015

Hi there,

	Just pushed:

	https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/19234

	Which I want to use in Calc to hide the hideous costs there. Input
appreciated.

	I'm fairly convinced that I'd much prefer to have a really simple,
native C++ binding that is usable; some boost::signals2 or somesuch
where we can connect a trivial (and type safe via the generated
wrappers) callback - that is implemented as a direct punch through into
configmgr.

	The weight of these intermediate objects etc. seems pretty un-necessary
to me. But hey - at least for now it should make calc significantly
faster as/when its used.

	Thoughts appreciated - perhaps we can merge this into the existing
wrapper - but then (given the excessive weight) - its perhaps better to
discourage widespread use of listening to properties (which is in itself
rather sad =).

	ATB,

		Michael.

--