tdf94635 (FORECAST functions) and triple exponential smoothing

Winfried Donkers W.Donkers at dci-electronics.nl
Wed Oct 7 22:44:07 PDT 2015

Hi Eike,

I'm currently implementing the new FORECAST functions that are added to Excel 2016. Mostly they use triple exponential smoothing.
To avoid double work, am I correct that the current LO codebase does not contain code that uses triple exponential smoothing?

I would also like to create a new source file, sc/source/core/tool/interpr8.cxx, as probably a lot of code lines will be added, all specifically for FORECAST.ETS functions. Any objections to that?

Winfried