Can't track flow of characters in from Input Method Editor

Richard Wordingham richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 8 00:52:53 PDT 2015

On Thu, 8 Oct 2015 01:17:14 +0100
Richard Wordingham <richard.wordingham at ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Thank you all for your inputs.

I've finally found where the problem materialises.  There is a callback
of GtkSalFrame::IMHandler::signalIMDeleteSurrounding() to delete one
'character'.  I now need to work out where the interfacing is in
error.  The intent of the call is to delete one Unicode character; it
is now a question of where the conversion from Unicode characters to
code units should be made.  It might be anywhere from KMfL to
signalIMDeleteSurrounding().  For hacking, there is the good news that
when KMfL decides to delete two Unicode characters, there are two calls
of the function, so I could fix *my* problem straightforwardly.

Does this appear to relate to any other known problems in interfacing
with ibus?

Richard.