config listener API ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Thu Oct 8 08:25:37 PDT 2015

On Thu, 2015-10-08 at 14:26 +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 10/08/2015 11:20 AM, Michael Meeks wrote:
> > 	But then - the way that calc re-calculates is neither trivial, nor
> > extremely susceptible to - "split the loop invariant out" - there is
> > some deeply nested recursive goodness called from several places going
> > on =) So - hopefully this listener provides a better solution.
>
> Hm, my answer would have been:  "Make sure in the Calc code to determine
> the configuration's UseOpenCL setting at most once per whatever
> top-level (GUI or API) stimulus triggers such re-calculation."

	Sure =) problem is there is no simple, easy, clean way to do that for
API based configuration changes; hence the wrapper =)

>  (A presumed benefit of that approach would be that all parts of such a
> re-calculation would consistently use the same UseOpenCL value.)

	Sure.

> I've lost you here.  What would we want to have readonly?

	Tor's interesting idea was to compile the config hierarchy into a set
of global state that could be read as such. So a boolean would literally
be stored as a (readonly) 'bool' - and the UNO API & read/write would
sit on top of that. At least that's what I was commenting on =)
personally not convinced its that easy to do.

	ATB,

		Michael.

--
 michael.meeks at collabora.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot