config listener API ...

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Sat Oct 10 06:41:48 PDT 2015

On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 01:03:15PM +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:
> uhm... did you just use "boost::signal2" and "trivial" in the same
> sentence?  are you aware that a single #include
> <boost/signal2/signal.hpp> adds a ludicrous 33 KLOC of included headers?

FWIW, from the top of my head, we have at least:

 - SwClient/SwNotify
 - tools/link.hxx
 - SfxBroadcaster/SfxListener

and a bazillion other implementations that I forgot about of the observer
pattern in LibreOffice. I would much prefer _not_ to introduce yet another
implementation, but rather use the least broken of our own.

And if something like boost::signal2 is awesome beyond believe (which is --
given Michaels hint about LOCs added at least open to debate), we should first
make our least broken implementation wrap or subclass that as a migration path.

Best,

Bjoern