Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2015-10-07

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Oct 29 13:00:31 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 09, 2015 at 10:13:43PM +0200, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> * 'industrial' icon theme - keep or remove?
>
>     + https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/19149/
>         + Human also depends on Industrial (Jay)
>             + should that be actually depend on Tango? (Jay)
>             + best to talk to Bjoern (Michaelsen) (Kendy)

Human has already been broken by tdf#93145 in LibreOffice 5.0.
There is no way Ubuntu will ship a huge set of fallback themes to make Human
complete again, thus we only ship themes with galaxy as fallback -- the
ultimate fallback.

For upcoming releases see lp#1506544:

 https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libreoffice/+bug/1506544

Note that does NOT mean we should immediately drop human. At least for
5.1/xenial it should be kept an transitional option.

Best,

Bjoern