Test name: Test::testAutoFill assertion failed

Alex McMurchy mcmurchy1917-libreoffice at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Sep 1 10:22:01 PDT 2015

Hi All

When compiling LibreOffice I get a failed Unit test. If I hash out the
failing CPPUNIT_ASSERT I get no more errors and Libreoffice compiles
successfully.

I suspect the problem is environmental, missing package or something, as
I've managed to compile without intervention on another distro.

Any suggestions on how I can resolve this problem, without hashing out
the code or skipping the test, will be appreciated.

I've pulled from git and git branch says I'm on

* libreoffice-5-0-0
   master

I've compiled with

--without-gssapi --without-krb5 --without-system-npapi-headers

The error is -

> [build CXX] sc/qa/unit/ucalc.cxx
> [build CXX] sc/qa/unit/ucalc_column.cxx
> [build CXX] sc/qa/unit/ucalc_formula.cxx
> [build CXX] sc/qa/unit/ucalc_pivottable.cxx
> [build CXX] sc/qa/unit/ucalc_sharedformula.cxx
> [build CXX] sc/qa/unit/ucalc_sort.cxx
> [build DEP] LNK:CppunitTest/libtest_sc_ucalc.so
> [build LNK] CppunitTest/libtest_sc_ucalc.so
> [build CUT] sc_ucalc
> /home/master/git/libreoffice/sc/qa/unit/ucalc.cxx:4540:Test::testAutoFill
> assertion failed
> - Expression: m_pDoc->GetCellType(ScAddress(0,i,0)) == CELLTYPE_NONE
>
> ucalc.cxx:4540:Assertion
> Test name: Test::testAutoFill
> assertion failed
> - Expression: m_pDoc->GetCellType(ScAddress(0,i,0)) == CELLTYPE_NONE
>
> Failures !!!
> Run: 205   Failure total: 1   Failures: 1   Errors: 0
>
> Error: a unit test failed, please do one of:
>
> export DEBUGCPPUNIT=TRUE            # for exception catching
> export CPPUNITTRACE="gdb --args"    # for interactive debugging on Linux
> export VALGRIND=memcheck            # for memory checking
>
> and retry using: make CppunitTest_sc_ucalc
>
> make[1]: ***
> [/home/master/git/libreoffice/workdir/CppunitTest/sc_ucalc.test] Error 1
> make: *** [build] Error 2
> Compilation of libreoffice failed with 2 at Sun 30 Aug 16:01:04 BST 2015

If I hash out the problem area like this -

>  4536      pUndoMgr->Undo();
>   4537
>   4538  /*    CPPUNIT_ASSERT_EQUAL(1.0,
> m_pDoc->GetValue(ScAddress(0,0,0)));
>   4539      for (SCROW i = 1; i <= 5; ++i)
>   4540 CPPUNIT_ASSERT(m_pDoc->GetCellType(ScAddress(0,i,0)) ==
> CELLTYPE_NONE); */

The test no longer fails and LibreOffice goes on to compile successfully.

I've done a quick debug on it and the failure occurs on the first
iteration of the loop when i=1

Alex