Efforts to support MSVC 14.0

David Ostrovsky d.ostrovsky at gmx.de
Sun Sep 6 23:43:56 PDT 2015

As you may know there are efforts underway: [1] to support MSVC 14.0.
After fixing around 20 external libraries and some core places to
support new compiler, the code can be (more or less) compiled. The tests
are failing because of EH issue in uno bridge (more on this below).

I have a couple of questions:

* Support UCRT, SDK 10 and .NET 4.6 is quite intrusive change: [2] and
no wonder, that it's pending for review for months now... nevertheless
if /me don't see any objections, i will merge this change next week.
* Python 3.5 upgrade is needed to support new compiler: [3]. I don't
have access to Mac OS X atm. Can someone check why Jenkins job on this
platform is failing: [4]? Moreover new Python release has announced to
discontinue support for older MS compilers (VS 2013). We never dropped
support for older compiler during introduction of a new one, right? Or
would this be a option?
* Unresolved external libfreehand::FHPath::transform in libreehand [5].
I'm clueless how to troubleshoot this one. The method is there and all
seems to be just fine.
* EH issue in uno_bridge: to compute the offset in _tiddata structure
for _curexception and _tpxcptinfoptrs members, I've written this
utility: [6] during work on support for 64 bit platform. Unfortunately,
this code can't be compiled on MSVC 14.0, as mtdll.h isn't there any
more (or I haven't found it).

[1]
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/msvc-x86_64#Ongoing_efforts_to_support_MSVC_14.0_.28aka_VS_2015.29
[2] https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/16642