Question about the delivered *.xhp files

Andras Timar timar74 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 23:16:45 PDT 2015

Hi Regina,

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 11:31 PM, Regina Henschel
<rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have noticed, that in the delivered *.xhp files (those in the *.jar
> archives) mandatory attributes are removed, so that those files do not
> validate against the doctype definition in xmlhelp.dtd. Is that intended?
> And if yes, what were the reasons to do so?

This way we could reduce the size of binary help packages to the half
of their original size. There are many elements and attributes which
are important only compile-time or not used at all. We keep only those
that are used by the run-time xhp->html conversion.

Best regards,
Andras