CppCheck configuration

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Sun Sep 27 23:59:35 PDT 2015

On 09/26/2015 06:14 PM, Michaël Lefèvre wrote:
> 2. we could minimized the results by removing check on qa
> sub-directories, which are supposed to be the place for unit tests.

Any specific reason to avoid checking the test code?  It is code like
all the other code too, with bugs and shortcomings and all.

> By the way, thank you for bringing this idea to reality.
> Actually, my point is if we could bring this warning close to 0, the
> actually crash-test and coverity status !

But note that the cppcheck results have what looks like a rather high
false positive rate (at least, that has always been my impression
whenever I bothered to look at the generated data).