Default LO to show no splash screen?

r_ouellette ray.ouellette at sympatico.ca
Wed Sep 30 07:54:29 PDT 2015

I always remove the splash screen by changing the value of line 3 of
*/opt/libreoffice5.0/program/sofficerc* from Logo=*1 *to Logo=*0*

So look for sofficerc (Linux version) or soffice.ini (Windows version) or ??
(MacOS version -- I don't have access to this OS).

Splash screens are, for me, an old and useless behavior. The most important
for LibreOffice is it's Start center and the fact that you can drop any
file(s) on it to open it (them).

People are very surprised when I show this behavior of the Start center and
that different icon for different module (Writer, Calc, Draw, Impress, Base,
Math) can be avoided on the desktop if you simply use the Start center.

Raymond