MSVC 14.0 U3: LO msi package put VC redist libraries in wrong directory

David Ostrovsky d.ostrovsky at gmx.de
Wed Aug 3 04:51:32 UTC 2016

On Mon Aug 1 19:50:13 UTC 2016, V Stuart Foote wrote:

> OK, sucess. But had to do a bit to meet the KB2999226 issue...

Thanks Stuart, really appreciated. I totally missed that UCRT
dependency, that MSVC 14.0 build tool chain is using, must be installed
on the earlier version of Windows as 10:

"
Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 creates a dependency on the Universal CRT
when applications are built by using the Windows 10 Software
Development Kit (SDK).
"

And it seems that not all older Windows versions are supported for that
upgrade...

We should document your steps related to KB2999226 on some prominent
place, before we ship LO built with MSVC 14.0.