An annoying problem

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Fri Aug 5 13:35:08 UTC 2016

On 05.08.2016 04:15, weike.liang at cs2c.com.cn wrote:
> Hi all,
> Currently i'm meeting such an problem that is as follows:
> When i run the swriter.exe from the directory "instdir", and then insert
> a chart, the program is ok.
> But when i install the msi program from the directory
> "workdir/installation", and then insert a chart, LO crashes.

hello,

it's hard to guess what the problem might be in such an old version
without at least a backtrace of the crash.

> I am puzzled. I analyze it must be the problem of msi. So i suspect the
> above two ways use different dlls from the
> operation system(i am using Windows 7 64-bit).
> I think maybe there is something wrong while the process of making msi.
> But i can not find it now.
> So please give me some more information and help me to solve the
> problem. Thanks in advance.
>
> ps. i'm using the source of LO 5.0.6.3, MS visual studio 2013, cygwin 64-bit

the Wiki says Visual Studio 2013 is also used in TDF release builds for 5.0:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/ReleaseBuilds

does it still crash if you install the latest Visual Studio 2013 update?

can you try if it still crashes if you build with "--enable-symbols"
(and what is the stacktrace then?), or with "--enable-debug"?

regards,
 michael