git clone compile errors on isnan

Larry Evans cppljevans at suddenlink.net
Fri Aug 5 18:42:17 UTC 2016

On 08/05/2016 08:03 AM, Eike Rathke wrote:
> Hi Larry,
>
> On Friday, 2016-08-05 06:31:37 -0500, Larry Evans wrote:
>
>> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/gerrit/setup#Detailed_and_nitty-gritty_setup_topics
>>
>> However, step 6:
>>
>>  6. Setup your git repo so that it pushes to gerrit using the SSH key:
>>
>>     git config remote.origin.pushurl ssh://logerrit/core
>>
>> failed because I didn't alread have a .git directory.
>
> Then your git clone previously failed.
>
>> I tried to edit the wiki page to suggest adding another step,
>> such as:
>>
>>   git clone ssh://logerrit/core
>
> That doesn't belong there because
> a) the entire gerrit setup presupposes that you *already* cloned the git repo
> b) cloning via the ssh-url puts unnecessary load on the server, only the
>    pushurl needs to be ssh
> b.2) the better command would be
>      git clone git://gerrit.libreoffice.org/core
>
>> but it wouldn't let me (it said I had to supply an email,
>> which I already had done).
>
> Where you should have received a confirmation mail you need to act on.
>
>> I did try the above `git clone` but it took sooo long,
>> I aborted it.
>
> The LibreOffice repository is huge, you'll have to be patient.
>
> You will need a completely cloned repository to proceed with any gerrit
> setup and development.
>
>   Eike

Did as you suggested in a Terminal window, and shown here:
--{--cut here--
evansl at lje-OptiPlex-9020:~/dwnlds/LibreOffice/gerrit$ ls
work.log  work.log~
evansl at lje-OptiPlex-9020:~/dwnlds/LibreOffice/gerrit$ git clone
git://gerrit.libreoffice.org/core
Cloning into 'core'...
remote: Counting objects: 1503614
--{--cut here--

The Counting objects value steadily increased until reaching:

remote: Counting objects: 1616141

then it froze.  I still kept it running for, I guess, over 1 hr
with no change to the "Counting objects:" value.
Finally, the Terminal window showed:
--{--cut here--
evansl at lje-OptiPlex-9020:~/dwnlds/LibreOffice/gerrit$ git clone
git://gerrit.libreoffice.org/core
Cloning into 'core'...
fatal: read error: Connection timed out
fatal: early EOF
fatal: index-pack failed
evansl at lje-OptiPlex-9020:~/dwnlds/LibreOffice/gerrit$
--}--cut here--

I'll resort to using the non-gerrit git repository since
there, git clone worked OK.

-regards,
Larry