Firebird - status update (not ready yet)

Bunth Tamás btomi96 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 18:53:47 UTC 2016

Hi,

Still working on firebird 3.0 upgrade:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/27642/

On MAC, I got an error during creating a fb database
(isc_create_database) that Firebird cannot connect to localhost.[1]

The reason is probably that fbclient library searches for Engine12 in
a wrong path or with a wrong name (so the loopback provider is the
next provider, which tries to connect through localhost ).

I printed out the string that is passed to dlopen in
src/common/os/darwin/modloader.cpp, it's "libEngine12.dylib" which is
good I think.

I wonder why CppunitTest_dbaccess_firebird_test succeeds, because
there is an "isc_create_database" too.

I don't see through how macosx-change-install-names works, but I tried
to use it to create rpath, see changes of patch set 14.

Tamás Bunth

[1] http://pastebin.com/7jS7LmnW