compiler (in)-compatibilities

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Wed Aug 17 17:17:54 UTC 2016

Hi,

Short version: do we have a way to include compiler flags only with
some compiler version?

Long version: So, firebird currently is incompatible with GCC 6. AFAIK
there are two breaker issues:

1) compiled code aborts in free() because it free()s an address that
   was not malloc()ed

2) code that does not compile

Issue 1 is fixed by adding
 -fno-sized-deallocation -fno-delete-null-pointer-checks
to CXXFLAGS.

Issue 2 is fixed by backporting an upstream commit from their master
branch.

Number 2 I can do, no problem. But number 1 I feel I shouldn't do
unconditionally, because another compiler than GCC 6 probably will not
know these flags? Any advice there?

--
Lionel