GSoC Project - Implementing legacy SAX parser Interface with FastParser

Mohammed Abdul Azeem azeemmysore at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 06:45:13 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'd like to summarize all the work that's been done over the past three
months here.

We started with implementing a bridge (LegacyFastParser) between legacy
parser interfaces and XFastParser for the unknown elements  along with the
tests. We created a new interface XFastNamespaceHandler, which emits
namespace information for the unknown(not tokenized) elements.

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/24883/
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/25468/
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/25935/
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/26229/
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/26661/
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/26982/
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/27222/
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/27278/
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/27593/
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/27649/

Then we made LegacyFastParser to work with a combination of tokenized and
untokenized elements and attributes.
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/27849/

Now to move xmloff/ to use FastParser, we needed a token mapping of all the
elements and attributes and a global token handler for odf-tokens.
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/28073/ (This is picked from Daniel's
work in feature/fastparser branch, but it is relevant to the project).
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/28183/

We need to make SvXMLImport to implement XFastParser interface and to lay a
foundation for using FastParser interfaces.
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/28175/

As a final step(yet to be done), we need convert the XML tree context
handlers to fast contexts from the leaves upwards(some of the work is
already done in feature/fastparser branch, which we can pick with slight
modifications).

Regards,
Azeem