warnings with thread sanitizer

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Aug 23 12:52:09 UTC 2016

On 08/22/2016 10:04 PM, Riccardo Magliocchetti wrote:
> So I've built latest master with GCC thread sanitizer. Running make
> check there's quite a lot of warnings: some duplicated, some with holes
> in the stackstrace. You can find two of them attached. Is there
> something useful?

The "WARNING: ThreadSanitizer: lock-order-inversion (potential
deadlock)" are not interesting as long as your problem is not a
deadlock.  There's unfortunately always been quite some of those across
the LO code base (as are also reported by Helgrind, for example), but
they seem to rarely cause problems.