Maarten Bosmans license statement

Katarina Behrens Katarina.Behrens at cib.de
Wed Aug 31 13:07:44 UTC 2016

Moin,

> Both commits have difference Change-Id tags, but I submitted them
> using a single `logerrit submit master` command. Now gerrit says for
> the second patch: 'Cannot Merge'. I could not find what this means,
> but I suppose that the second patch without the first does not apply
> cleanly on master (which is correct, they are dependent).

Yeah, this is exactly what happens if patch2 depends on patch1 which has not
been merged to master yet.

Once patch1 gets merged, evil 'Cannot Merge' tag at patch2 automatically
disappears.

(unless it doesn't, and that means someone else has committed changes to the
same chunk of code in the meantime and your patch no longer applies, but let's
deal with that only when such situation arises)

> What is the correct way to submit a patch series to gerrit? I'd like
> to avoid squashing all patches into one commit, but there also has to
> be a way for reviewers to see that all patches in a series are
> related.

Yours is the correct way, the reviewers are well aware of false merge conflicts
of dependent patches. I'm still not sure if this is a gerrit bug or some
sophisticated feature *grin*
--

Katarina Behrens

Softwareentwicklerin LibreOffice
–––
CIB software GmbH
Geschäftsstelle Hamburg
Flachsland 10
22083 Hamburg
–––
T +49 (40) / 28 48 42 -235
F +49 (40) / 28 48 42 -100

Katarina.Behrens at cib.de
www.cib.de
–––
Sitz: München
Registergericht München, HRB 123286
Geschäftsführer: Dipl.-Ing. Ulrich Brandner