Build Problem with Lode

Jason Marshall j_k_marshall_2004 at live.com
Sun Dec 4 13:16:57 UTC 2016

Dear Sir/ Madam

I am attempting to build LibreOffice on a Windows 7 32-but platform.  Initially I attempted to do this without recourse to lode but the build failed.  I was advised to re-attempt a build but using the Lode project.  I have been able to successfully get Lode to setup a dev build environment, with the following command completing successfully:

./setup --dev

Following that, I then run the following:

cd dev/core
./autogen.sh
../../opt/bin/make 2>&1 | tee build.log

However, at a relatively advanced stage of the build, I receive the following error message and the build terminates:

[build UNO] cppuhelper
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.8

C:\cygwin\lode\dev\core\workdir\UnpackedTarball\xml2\win32\configure.js(181, 2) Microsoft JScript runtime error: Automation server can't create object

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 12.00.21005.1

NMAKE : fatal error U1064: MAKEFILE not found and no target specified
Stop.
make[1]: *** [C:/cygwin/lode/dev/core/external/libxml2/ExternalProject_xml2.mk:34: C:/cygwin/lode/dev/core/workdir/ExternalProject/xml2/build] Error 1
make: *** [Makefile:266: build] Error 2

This message is precisely the same as that which was received when I attempted to build without Lode.  Accordingly, it would seem that the use of Lode has not solved the problem, with likely the problem lying elsewhere.

I note that the error message above makes reference to the following script:

C:\cygwin\lode\dev\core\workdir\UnpackedTarball\xml2\win32\configure.js(181, 2) Microsoft JScript runtime error: Automation server can't create object

I have viewed this script at the line identified in the error, which is pasted as follows:

fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");

I would infer that this is a JScript issue, but am not absolutely familiar with such scripting.  It looks like the command above is fairly simple, which perhaps indicates that the issues lies elsewhere.

Would anybody have any ideas as to what the problem may be?

Thank you for your time.

Yours faithfully

Jason Marshall