I'm new and I'm having build issues

jrattur jrattur at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 15:04:27 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm not sure how things work here with asking questions so let me know if
this or the irc is a better way to go :)

I'm trying to build libreoffice for the first time. I've had a number of
goes at it and got a bit further each time but I'm stuck now.

I'm building in win7 with cygwin (not using lode) and I added
--with-visual-studio=2015 to the autogen command (I have multiple versions
of visual studio installed). It ran happily for an hour and a half or so and
failed with this output:

/[CXX] workdir/UnpackedTarball/cmis/src/libcmis/onedrive-document.cxx
[CXX] workdir/UnpackedTarball/cmis/src/libcmis/onedrive-folder.cxx
E:/sources/libo-core/sal/qa/osl/process/osl_process.cxx:437:Test_osl_executeProcess::osl_execProc_test_batch
equality assertion failed
- Expected: 0
- Actual  : 4
- osl_createProcess failed

Test_osl_executeProcess::osl_execProc_test_batch finished in: 30427ms
E:/sources/libo-core/sal/qa/osl/process/osl_process.cxx(437) : error :
Assertion
Test name: Test_osl_executeProcess::osl_execProc_test_batch
equality assertion failed
- Expected: 0
- Actual  : 4
- osl_createProcess failed

Failures !!!
Run: 1   Failure total: 1   Failures: 1   Errors: 0

Error: a unit test failed, please do one of:
make CppunitTest_sal_osl_process CPPUNITTRACE=TRUE # which is a shortcut for
the following line
make CppunitTest_sal_osl_process
CPPUNITTRACE="'C:/PROGRA~2/MICROS~3.0/VC//../Common7/IDE/devenv.exe'
/debugexe" # for interactive deb
ugging in Visual Studio
make CppunitTest_sal_osl_process CPPUNITTRACE="drmemory -free_max_frames 20"
# for memory checking (install Dr.Memory first, and put i
t to your PATH)

E:/sources/libo-core/solenv/gbuild/CppunitTest.mk:101: recipe for target
'E:/sources/libo-core/workdir/CppunitTest/sal_osl_process.tes
t' failed
make[1]: *** [E:/sources/libo-core/workdir/CppunitTest/sal_osl_process.test]
Error 1
e:\sources\libo-core\workdir\unpackedtarball\cmis\src\libcmis\document.hxx(50)
: warning C4702: unreachable code
Makefile:266: recipe for target 'build' failed
make: *** [build] Error 2/

Could anyone suggest what may be the cause of this and what I can try next
to get it to work

Cheers