I'm new and I'm having build issues

jrattur jrattur at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 04:54:34 UTC 2016

Thanks for the messages everyone :)

@slacka thanks, I'll check these forums first in the future and thanks for
the comment @jan iversen

*I've tried building again with this configuration:*
*(--with-windows-sdk=7.1A instead of --with-visual-studio=2015)*
/$ /cygdrive/e/sources/libo-core/autogen.sh
--with-external-tar=/c
ygdrive/e/sources/lo-externalsrc
--with-junit=/cygdrive/e/sources
/junit-4.10.jar
--with-ant-home=/cygdrive/e/sources/apache-ant-1.
9.5                --enable-pch --disable-ccache
--disable-active
x --disable-atl --with-windows-sdk=7.1A/

*It failed and this was the output:*
/[CXX] workdir/UnpackedTarball/librevenge/src/lib/RVNGString.cpp
[CXX] workdir/UnpackedTarball/librevenge/src/lib/RVNGStringVector.cpp
E:/sources/libo-core/workdir/UnpackedTarball/boost\boost/type_traits/common_type.hpp(42)
: fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the compiler.
(compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1325)
To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near
the locations listed above.
Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
Internal Compiler Error in C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2.0\VC\bin\cl.exe.  You will
be prompted to send an error report to Microsoft later.
[CXX] workdir/UnpackedTarball/librevenge/src/lib/RVNGSVGDrawingGenerator.cpp
[EPK] libexttextcat_fingerprint
E:/sources/libo-core/solenv/gbuild/LinkTarget.mk:235: recipe for target
'E:/sources/libo-core/workdir/GenCxxObject/UnpackedTarball/librevenge/src/lib/RVNGPropertyList.o'
failed
make[1]: ***
[E:/sources/libo-core/workdir/GenCxxObject/UnpackedTarball/librevenge/src/lib/RVNGPropertyList.o]
Error 1
Makefile:266: recipe for target 'build' failed
make: *** [build] Error 2/

Going off this message:
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Re-Help-on-getting-started-contributing-to-Libreoffice-td4175531.html
<http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/Re-Help-on-getting-started-contributing-to-Libreoffice-td4175531.html>
It seems like it might be using msvc 2012 which is seemingly too old. Can
anyone recommend a different one to try?

@lukebenes see here...
Also a couple of notes, for this last build I turned off the net connection
while building and set my firewall to allow all. On my earlier build, the
firewall was active and was prompting me to allow or block various programs
while it was building. The build failed when I had gone away from the
computer so I'm not sure if that caused it to fail.

I'm also using a roughly 6 months old version of the code as I originally
tried building it about 6 months ago.

P.S. is "@personname" the right way to reference people on here?

Cheers everyone :)