Request For Comments: Hebrew numbering in Libreoffice

toki toki.kantoor at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 00:37:34 UTC 2016

On 07/12/16 13:58, יוסי צאהן wrote:

> 2. All numbering systems should be usable regardless off the users preferred locale.

That almost happens, when numbering is set to "context".

The critical thing is to know what set of numbers goes with which
writing system. When writing system and numbering system don't go
together, bizarre things can happen.

> That said, I can hardly understand the point of the "native numbering" menu item.

This is one of the features whose use case is limited, but when needed,
is literally "mission critical".

That the majority of languages and writing systems that have such a use
case are endangered, or extinct, is not enough of a reason to justify
its removal.

>MS Office does not have such an option and I don't think anyone misses it.

That MSO lacks the feature is simply evidence of their corporate
commitment to acute monolingualism.

jonathon