minutes of ESC call ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Thu Dec 8 17:59:53 UTC 2016

Hi Bjoern,

On 08/12/16 17:13, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> I mean, we could have a tinderbox run "./autogen.sh && make
> vs2013-ide-integration" once a week and make it commit the result Visual Studio
> solutions to the core repo.

	Sure - although my ideal flow for a (Windows) newbie here would be:

	* download 'something'
	* load file in Visual Studio
	* ctrl-shift-b to build ... <wait>
	* click the green triangle to debug ;-)

	Where of course that 'something' would need to be constructed by some
tinderbox / slave, and (ideally) contain everything not easily buildable
with the IDE already pre-built =)

	Personally I'd see this as an entry mode: once people have the
satisfaction of seeing their work 'working' they can graduate to
installing cygwin, and <insert other pain points>. Clearly there would
be nothing authoritative about it etc.

	Since the instdir/ is standalone and distributable & runnable as-is
there should be no need for make_installer-ness of any kind;

	AFAICS - there -should- also be no need for cygwin, LODE, or anything
else in this world ;-) just a single download.

	Anyhow - just a thought ;-) not volunteering to do the testing,
packaging work for that deliverable ...

	ATB,

		Michael.

--