OpenCL enabled by default after OS reinstall causing Unit Test Failure

slacka lukebenes at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 11 21:13:53 UTC 2016

I just reinstalled windows 10, LODE, and VS2013. Now my new builds are
failing OpenCL Unit tests. This is not a regression as I built the same
version as I made on my old OS. After disabled the failing Unit Tests, I
discovered that the new binaries enable OpenCL by default, where as in my
old binary I cannot even enable OpenCL.

Did something change in new Cygwin/LODE env that's causing OpenCL to be
enabled now?

Unrelated, but the new Cygwin has this garbage to every line of the build:
[CUT

GPU: intel HD 5500
Driver: 20.19.15.4404

Here's a sniped down build log:

ScOpenCLTest::testStatisticalFormulaStDevPA1 finished in: 78ms
ScOpenCLTest::testFinancialMDurationFormula1 finished in: 125ms
D:/cygwin/home/Hearthstone/lode/dev/core/sc/qa/unit/opencl-test.cxx(2760) :
error : Assertion
Test name: ScOpenCLTest::testFinancialXirrFormula
assertion failed
- Expression: rtl::math::approxEqual(fExpected, fFormula)

Failures !!!
Run: 224   Failure total: 1   Failures: 1   Errors: 0

Error: a unit test failed, please do one of:
make CppunitTest_sc_opencl_test CPPUNITTRACE=TRUE # which is a shortcut for
the following line
make CppunitTest_sc_opencl_test
CPPUNITTRACE="'C:/PROGRA~2/MICROS~1.0/VC//../Common7/IDE/devenv.exe'
/debugexe" # for interactive debugging in Visual Studio
make CppunitTest_sc_opencl_test CPPUNITTRACE="drmemory -free_max_frames 20"
# for memory checking (install Dr.Memory first, and put it to your PATH)