Build Problem with Lode

Jason Marshall j_k_marshall_2004 at live.com
Wed Dec 14 08:29:01 UTC 2016

Hi Yossi

On 13/12/2016 08:00, Yossi Zahn wrote:

On 11/12/2016 11:30 PM, Jason Marshall wrote:
I have tried to get some understanding of JScript and have inferred that for the purpose of building LibreOffice that it would require 'JScript .NET' as opposed to simply 'JScript', where the latter is for hosting JScript inside a webpage.  I have therefore checked the installation status of '.NET Framework' and can report that the following items are installed:
AFAIK the windows scripting host does not require .net framework at all.
Do you get the same error when creating a text file containing the following single line:
var fso = new ActiveXObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject");
and running it as such:
cscript /e:javascript path/to/file

I have created a text file test script in compliance with your instructions and called 'cscript' by directly defining the script engine using the '/e:javascript' parameter.  The call and output are as follows, but it seems that despite using the parameter, the same error arises as with the build:

Jason and Emma at JasonandEmma-PC ~
$ cscript /e:javascript scripttest.txt
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.8

C:\cygwin\home\Jason and Emma\scripttest.txt(1, 1) Microsoft JScript runtime error: Automation server can't create object

I guess that this would imply an issue with my individual set-up, as it seems that the use of the parameter that you and Thorsten have identified would work in the majority of cases.

Would anybody know what may have prevented this from working?

Thank you.

Jason