make gbuildtojson and make xx-ide-integration problems.

Jan Iversen jani at documentfoundation.org
Wed Dec 14 12:32:47 UTC 2016

(RESENDING WITHOUT ATTACHMENTS)

Hi Bjoern.

I continued to test gbuildtojson and xx-ide-integration, but have encountered a couple of problems, where I am stuck and need help (or at least a hint where to search).

My setup is Sierra (osX) and I have no problems with a full build. I have tried to reduce the build as much as possible (see attached autopen.input). I check with a patched post_GbuildToJson.mk (attached) based on your recommendations.

I have 2 problems. First problem when running “make gbuildtojson”. It seems the linker is called in post_GbuildToJson.mk. In order to verify it I ran “make -d gbuildtojson” (attached), where it can be seen the warning comes directly after reading the makefile.

1) gbuildtojson:

Jans-iMac:work jani$ make clean
rm -fr /Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/work/test-install
rm -fr /Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/work/instdir
rm -fr /Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/work/workdir
Jans-iMac:work jani$ make gbuildtojson
make -j 8 -rs -f /Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/core/Makefile.gbuild gbuildtojson
ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/work/workdir/LinkTarget/StaticLibrary'
ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/work/workdir/LinkTarget/Library'
ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/work/instdir/LibreOfficeDev.app/Contents/Frameworks'
ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/work/instdir/LibreOfficeDev.app/Contents/Frameworks'
ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/work/workdir/LinkTarget/Library'
Jans-iMac:work jani$ make gbuildtojson
make -j 8 -rs -f /Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/core/Makefile.gbuild gbuildtojson
Jans-iMac:work jani$

Remark, the ld error only comes first time, so maybe it is a sequence problem ? see attachment make_d_gbuildtojson line 19443.

2) xx-ide-integration
I have test with Xcode and vim, same result (clearly because error occurs during startup.

 make vim-ide-integration
make -j 8 -rs -f /Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/core/Makefile.gbuild gbuildtojson
cd /Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/core && /Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/core/bin/gbuild-to-ide --ide vim --make make
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/core/bin/gbuild-to-ide", line 1656, in <module>
    gbuildparser = GbuildParser(args.makecmd).parse()
  File "/Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/core/bin/gbuild-to-ide", line 185, in parse
    lib = self.__lib_from_json(json.load(f))
  File "/Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/core/bin/gbuild-to-ide", line 136, in __lib_from_json
    GbuildParser.libpattern.match(os.path.basename(json['MAKEFILE'])).group(1),
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'group'
Makefile:413: recipe for target 'vim-ide-integration' failed
make: *** [vim-ide-integration] Error 1

I ran it in my debugger and the file in question is  '/workdir/GbuildToJson/Library/libscqahelper.dylib’ which has ‘“MAKEFILE": "'/Volumes/LIBREOFFICE/play/core/sc/CppunitTest_sc_ucalc.mk’”’ (see attachment GbuildToJson.tgz).

The first problem, seems not to have a serious effect (the json files are identical between first and second run), but the second one means no ide-integration

I look forward to hear your advice, my intention is currently to keep testing/correcting this until I have an acceptable solution on mac and windows, then that can be used as base for the perl removal and busybox integration.

rgds
jan I.