OpenCL enabled by default after OS reinstall causing Unit Test Failure

Niklas Johansson sleeping.pillow at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 08:14:57 UTC 2016

Hi

On 2016-12-15 01:14, slacka wrote:
> the build still failed on Test name: ScOpenCLTest::testFinancialXirrFormula

Is it the only OpenCL test that fails for you?

The specific test you refer to has been failing for me for a long time
(months), though I'm sorry to say that I haven't  had the time to build
LO for quite some time. It is the only OpenCL test that fails for me (at
least it was the last time I built LibreOffice).

If you open the test file
core\sc\qa\unit\data\ods\opencl\financial\XIRR.ods
you'll notice that Excel and Calc sometimes return quite different
results. This is one of the reasons I haven't put any more time into
trying to figure out what to do about it. Another aspect is that when I
open the file, in a build were I disabled the specific test, it returns
the correct value. From what I remember I checked that OpenCL was being
used and forced a recalculation. When I ran the test in the debugger the
value that failed was somewhere in between the result that Excel returns
and what Calc returns.

My setup was *not* done with LODE.

/Niklas